Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Insight Post Uganda
  • Home
  • NewsHot
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Religion
    • Lifestyle
    • World News
    • Tourism
    • Environment
    • Agriculture
  • Business
    Coca-Cola Unveils Premier League Campaign With Shs1m Monthly Rewards For Ugandan Fans

    Coca-Cola Unveils Premier League Campaign With Shs1m Monthly Rewards For Ugandan Fans

    A section of a road in Njeru Municipality left severely damaged after a deep section of the road collapsed, disrupting access for residents.

    Njeru Residents Demand Probe Into Road Funds As Planned Works Stall

    Uganda Airlines Ownership Debate: What The 0.01 Percent Figure Really Means

    Uganda Airlines Ownership Debate: What The 0.01 Percent Figure Really Means

  • Sports
    Eurofoam Marketing Manager Claire Kemigisha buys the first jersey from Mukono Diocese Bishop Enos Kagodo to launch the Mukono Cathedral Run

    Mukono Diocese Turns To Community Run To Raise UGX5 Billion For Cathedral

    Rogers Sebyondwa

    Bulemeezi Player Dies After Suffering Injuries In Kyaggwe Masaza Cup Match

    Cissy Nantongo

    Sports Fraternity Mourns Former She Corporate Captain Cissy Nantongo

  • Education
    Dr. Asuman Lukwago, PS Ministry of Education.

    COSASE Grills Education Service Commission Over Missed Targets, Teacher Confirmation Delays

    The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) headquarters

    Universities Submit 700 Competence-Based Programmes To NCHE For Accreditation

  • In Luganda
    Betty Nambooze, Mukono Municipality MP

    Kibuule Akubye Mu Nambooze Ebituli, Talina Kyakoledde BannaMukono Okujjako Okujoboja

    Omubaka Gwetwalonda Teyadda-Abekyampisi Betondedde Kibuule

    Omubaka Gwetwalonda Teyadda-Abekyampisi Betondedde Kibuule

    Counsel George Musisi ng'alaga emu ku kaadi mu lukungana lw'amawulire

    Munnamateeka Wa NUP Atambula Nju Ku Nju Ng’ Asaggula Obuwagizi  

  • In Photos
    Ronald Kibuule at Mukono recently.

    Kibuule Poised for Return as Museveni Signals Endorsement in Mukono North

    Katikiro presiding over the opening of the renovated official residence of the Buddu County Chief at Ssaza grounds in Masaka City on Tuesday. Pictures by Robert Nsubuga.

    Pictorial:  Katikiro Mayiga Slams Masaka People Over Poor Hygiene

    Ismael-Kifudde-the-Mukono-Police-Division-Officer-in-Charge-directing-Nambooze-not-to-use-the-route-heading-to-town-center

    Moments of Excessive Force Against Betty Nambooze in Recent General Elections

  • Profiles
    Rwakakooko before PAC

    Parliament Questions UEDCL Preparedness After Umeme Takeover

    Brig. Gen. Kiyengo (center) posing for the photo with the members of Nakifuma Rotary Club who promised to attend his book launch.

    CUTTING THROUGH HELL: UPDF Medic Chronicles Uganda’s Silent War in Somalia Through Powerful Memoir

    L-R MP Mawogola South (Sembabule)-Goreth Namugga, Councillor Amiri Kiggundu, COTFONE Coordinator-Kayinga Yisito Muddu and Mr Xavier Ejoyi, Country Director ActionAid International Uganda at the award event

    National Citizens’ Integrity Awards 2024: Unsung Heroes Celebrated

  • Op-Ed
    • Editorial
    • Opinion
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
Insight Post Uganda
Home Security

Evidence Against Those Arrested Demonstrating Will Shock The Nation-Museveni

Insight Post Uganda by Insight Post Uganda
July 25, 2024
in Security
Reading Time: 3 mins read
A A
0
Evidence Against Those Arrested Demonstrating Will Shock The Nation-Museveni

President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has said they have evidence that will shock the nation against those who were arrested on Tuesday participating in the demonstrations and march to parliament. 

In a statement issued by the Presidential Press Unit, Museveni said the reason police charged them with being ‘idle and disorderly’ was because at the time, those charging were not privy to the intelligence that had been gathered. 

Related posts

Aloikin Praise Opoloje,

EU Shortlists Three Ugandans for Prestigious Human Rights Award

May 10, 2025
Uganda’s Human Rights Activists Arrested Protesting Trial of Civilians in Military Court

Uganda’s Human Rights Activists Arrested Protesting Trial of Civilians in Military Court

January 9, 2025

“I politely advised them a few days ago, in my address to the Nation. They, obviously, thought that my advice was of no consequence. Please, Ugandans avoid these mistake makers. The evidence in court will shock many. As I said, the planners of these demonstrations wanted to do very bad things. The charge by the Police of “idle and disorderly”, I suspect, was used because the deployed personnel did not have all the information. This was a high-quality, intelligence-led operation. I have most of the information,” Museveni’s statement reads in part. 

The President stated two issues why the protests had to be stopped. “Element no.1, was funding from foreign sources that are always meddling in the internal affairs of Africa for the last 600 years ─ slave trade, colonialism, neo-colonialism, genocide, economic exploitation, etc.

All those involved, should know that Uganda is not a neo-colony where those shallow schemes can be deployed,” Museveni’s statement reads in part. 

The second element Museveni lists is that some of the authors and participants of the demonstrations, were planning very bad things against the people of Uganda. Museveni didn’t disclose those bad things promising instead that they will come out in court during trial of those arrested.

“It is possible, that some of the participants, did not know of the planned foreign funding and the planned bad things. That is why, they should have listened to the police advice, not to go on with the demonstration. But they rubbished the police advice,” Museveni’s statement reads. 

He adds that if it was a patriotic, anti-corruption, peaceful demonstration, coordinated with the Police he too would have joined it like he did in 2019 when then State House anticorruption head Col. Edith Nakalema organized a march from city Square through Kampala Road to Jinja Road climaxing with a public rally at Kololo ceremonial grounds. He tasked Nakalema to organize another march on a Sunday which he said he was willing to join. 

“Nakalema can co-ordinate with the genuine anti-corruption fighters for a similar effort, especially on a Sunday…In particular, the heavily populated suburbs of our cities – Kawempe, Bwaise, etc. should never be used for demonstration, because they will damage the little wealth creation that our people are painstakingly building up.

Kololo ceremonial grounds, is being repaired now. When the work is finished, Nakalema should organize us. I will be there,” added Museveni.

He called upon those he said are being funded by foreigners to stop and report to the Minister of State for Ethics, those who have been funding them. He promised not to arrest them. “We know a lot about the goings on in those groups.

Our interest is to immunize Uganda against the schemes of the imperialists and their agents,” Museveni said thanking the security team for doing a good job of stopping the demonstrations and ensuring that there was no bloodshed.  

“The fight against corruption, is in my hands. I just need evidence and action will be taken.  The accounting officers are the guardians of Gov’t money, procurement and personnel. They let us and themselves down. I am now leading this little war. We fought the bigger war. We shall win this one also,” Museveni said in his statement. More than 50 people were arrested on Tuesday after participating in the march to parliament protests. 

Many of them were charged in court for being common nuisance and remanded to prisons.  

Tags: Match2Parliament
ShareTweetPin
Previous Post

March2Parliament: More 40 Individuals Remanded Over Anti-Corruption Protests

Next Post

Rev. Dr. Kefa Ssempangi Revives Africa Foundation To Rehabilitate Homeless Children

Related Posts

Police Probe Circumstances Surrounding Deadly Attack On Five Children In Bunga
Security

Police Probe Circumstances Surrounding Deadly Attack On Five Children In Bunga

August 20, 2026
Witchdoctor On The Run After Human Remains Recovered In Lwengo
Security

Witchdoctor On The Run After Human Remains Recovered In Lwengo

August 19, 2026
Colbert Zziwa
Security

Lands Officer Arrested Over Alleged Illegal Titling In Greater Masaka

August 13, 2026
Ssembabule Land Officer Arraigned Over Alleged UGX1 Billion Extortion
Security

Ssembabule Land Officer Arraigned Over Alleged UGX1 Billion Extortion

August 12, 2026
Government Promises Accountability After Two Killed In Jinja LC1 Election Violence
Security

Government Promises Accountability After Two Killed In Jinja LC1 Election Violence

July 30, 2026
RDC Sparks Outrage After Justifying Deaths of Jinja TikTokers Killed During LC1 Elections
Security

RDC Sparks Outrage After Justifying Deaths of Jinja TikTokers Killed During LC1 Elections

July 29, 2026
Next Post
Rev. Dr. Kefa Ssempangi Revives Africa Foundation To Rehabilitate Homeless Children

Rev. Dr. Kefa Ssempangi Revives Africa Foundation To Rehabilitate Homeless Children

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Chinese Paper Factory: Second Worker Dies Few Days After Bloody Tragedy

Chinese Paper Factory: Second Worker Dies Few Days After Bloody Tragedy

1 year ago
Uganda’s Heroes Day: Whose Heroes, Whose History?

Uganda’s Heroes Day: Whose Heroes, Whose History?

1 year ago
Babalanda Pays Glowing Tribute To Gen. Moses Ali In Parliament

Babalanda Pays Glowing Tribute To Gen. Moses Ali In Parliament

1 month ago
Anti-Money Laundering Act Amendment to Remove NGOs from List of Accountable Persons

Anti-Money Laundering Act Amendment to Remove NGOs from List of Accountable Persons

2 years ago

FOLLOW US

Insight Post Uganda

We bring you the most balanced news professionally investigated by our news team. The Insight Post is Uganda’s News company regulated by the Uganda Communications Commission.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • No Sleeping In The Fight Against Poverty, Babalanda Tells SDA Pastors
  • Coca-Cola Unveils Premier League Campaign With Shs1m Monthly Rewards For Ugandan Fans
  • Njeru Residents Demand Probe Into Road Funds As Planned Works Stall

Category

  • Agriculture
  • Business
  • Editorial
  • Education
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Luganda
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Photos
  • Politics
  • Profiles
  • Religion
  • Runyankole
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Uncategorized
  • World News

Recent News

No Sleeping In The Fight Against Poverty, Babalanda Tells SDA Pastors

No Sleeping In The Fight Against Poverty, Babalanda Tells SDA Pastors

August 22, 2026
Coca-Cola Unveils Premier League Campaign With Shs1m Monthly Rewards For Ugandan Fans

Coca-Cola Unveils Premier League Campaign With Shs1m Monthly Rewards For Ugandan Fans

August 22, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

© 2024 The Insight post Uganda - The Insight post uganda. Site Powered by Bookablehood Ltd.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
error: Content is protected !!
en_USEnglish
en_USEnglish
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Tourism
  • Opinion

© 2024 The Insight post Uganda - The Insight post uganda. Site Powered by Bookablehood Ltd.